Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Maybe a little Biased?

First of all, I consider myself pretty liberal.  Both my parents are democrats, iv been raised in a liberal house, and i plan on voting for Obama in the next election.  However, in the first 40 pages of our reading in particular, I have found True Enough to be somewhat biased.  I think it is clear that Farhad Manjoo is a democrat, and I feel as if her political views shape some of her theories.  While I am not doubting the lack of evidence the Swift Boat Veterans had, I think she exaggerated a little bit.  I find it hard to believe these guys pulled all this out of their a**.  They must of had some sort of real evidence against John Kerry.  My Dad used to be good friends with John Kerry.  "Used to" being the key word.  After hearing what happened from my Dad, I have heard a first hand account of how Kerry may not be the most honest guy.  I don't mean to be bashing Kerry but all I am saying is that the Swift Boat Veterans may have had more behind their story than Majoo was willing to admit.  I think that Majoo's political views make her automatically dismiss the Veterans views and automatically believe Kerry.  I realize I have no real evidence to back my opinion, this is just sort of the vibe i m getting so far.

P.S. My Dad voted for Kerry in '04

No comments:

Post a Comment