Thursday, September 29, 2011

True Enouph

I thought the first twenty five pages of True Enough was very interesting.  In particular, i really liked the section on the John Kerry election.  I vaguely remember that election but I do recall some controversy regarding John Kerry's Purple Heart.  I had no idea that it had become such a controversial topic in that election and it is amazing that those veterans were able to convince people he was a fraud with little to no evidence.  I also found the first twenty five pages interesting because of how the media portrays the truth.  The media can literally convince people what ever they want, and depending on what news channel you follow you will believe different truths.  It is amazing how easily we forget how much the truth can be twisted.  Sounds a little like 1984?

1 comment:

  1. Do you think objective truth exists anywhere? What do you think of the twisting of truth that you say the media does? I'd be curious to hear more.

    ReplyDelete